I want to start with one of the best ever quotes from Abraham. I think the magnet analogy always makes Law of Attraction easy to understand, which might be why I gravitate to this particular quote.
“Now, this is the key to your Deliberate Creating: See yourself as this magnet, attracting unto you the way you feel at any point in time. When you feel clear and in control, you will attract circumstances of clarity. When you feel happy, you will attract circumstances of happiness. When you feel healthy, you will attract circumstances of health. When you feel prosperous, you will attract circumstances of prosperity. When you feel loved, you will attract circumstances of love. Literally, the way you feel is your point of attraction.” —Abraham
OK, there’s so much wisdom here. Let’s unpack and apply.
You are creating all the time. You are manifesting all the time. It’s just: Are you creating deliberately or are you creating by default?
Before my obsession with all things Law of Attraction I was definitely attracting a mixed bag of manifestations—meaning some of what I wanted and some of what I didn’t want. That’s because I was creating by default.
I didn’t understand the core LoA concept of being a magnet, of like attracts like, of you receive what you give.
And so I was never or at least rarely offering my vibration on purpose and so I was attracting haphazardly.
Looking back, I definitely lived my life this way: If circumstances were “good’, I felt good. If circumstances were “bad”, I felt bad.
That is most definitely not deliberate creation.
Let’s head back to the quote because even that very first phrase is super important: “the key to your deliberate creating”. Again, you are creating all the time. It’s just do you want to be a more deliberate creator? Because if you do—and I think most of us want this very much—then knowing what kind of magnet you are is super important.
The next part of the quote is also a little easy to gloss past as yeah, yeah, the magnet analogy, but really let the magnet concept land.
You are a magnet. But what kind of magnet? I first want to highlight what kind of magnet you are not.
- You are not a magnet for the car you drive or money you have in the bank.
- You are not a magnet based on your Instagram posts.
- You are not a magnet for your weight, body shape, hairstyle, or clothes.
- You are not a magnet based on how many friends you have.
- You are not a magnet for your past or your family history.
- You are not a magnet for the house you live in or where you vacation.
- You are not a magnet based on whether you are married or single.
- You are not a magnet for your volunteer work.
- You are not a magnet based on how many diplomas are on your wall or what your resume says.
No, you are simply a magnet for the way you feel. This means you attract circumstances on the same frequency as the way you feel.
Here’s another way to say it: You are not a magnet for what your life looks like from the outside. You are magnet for how you feel inside.
Abraham offers several fantastic high vibe examples to illustrate the magnet analogy:
- When you feel happy, you will attract circumstances of happiness.
- When you feel healthy, you will attract circumstances of health.
- When you feel prosperous, you will attract circumstances of prosperity.
Of course, the other side of the coin is there too.
- When you feel worried, you will attract circumstances of worry.
- When you feel disappointed, you will attract circumstances of disappointment.
- When you feel unworthy, you will attract circumstances of unworthiness.
Once again, as Abraham says, “Literally, the way you feel is your point of attraction.”
This is why feeling good is always, always, always the way forward with Law of Attraction.
Feeling good is always going to be the way you allow LoA to work to your advantage.
“Your most valuable currency is energy. If your energy isn’t clear, joyful, and inspirational, then you won’t be a magnet for more of that.” —Gabby Bernstein
This magnet analogy is so useful because at any given time you can understand what you are attracting.
You don’t have to guess. And then anytime you are not feeling great—when you are feeling some low vibe emotion—you can reorient.
You are a magnet. And you are attracting more of the way you feel.
And, of course, Law of Attraction 101: It is your thoughts causing your feelings.
And so when you notice that you are a magnet for what you don’t want, because you are feeling some flavor of negative emotion, it is your thoughts causing the feeling. It is your thoughts about the circumstance or condition, your thoughts about the person or event, your thoughts about the situation, causing your feelings.
To be a magnet for what you do want, you will want to choose different thoughts. Thoughts that give you relief. Thoughts that take you up the emotional scale. Thoughts that allow you to feel good.
Again, the way you feel is your point of attraction.
- You may want a more loving relationship, but is the way you feel loving?
- You may want prosperity in your life, but do you feel prosperous?
- You may want success in your business, but do you feel successful?
The way you feel is your point of attraction. You are a magnet for more that matches up to the way you feel.
If you could see the bubble over my head, if would often read, Jennifer, what kind of magnet are you right now?
I find that to be a super simple question that offers me clarity about what I’m attracting in that moment. Am I magnet for what I want or am I magnet for what I don’t want?
You can use the same question. Ask yourself: What kind of magnet am I right now?
What are you a magnet for? At this very moment, what are you attracting?
It can be tempting to complicate this, but there’s really no need. You can know at any given moment what kind of magnet you are by checking in with how you feel.
- In other words, what emotion are you feeling to which Law of Attraction is responding?
- What vibration are you offering because that is the vibration to which LoA will match you with circumstances and conditions?
If you are getting more and more of the way you feel—and that’s exactly how Law of Attraction works—what will you be getting more and more of?
And is it what you want? If the answer is yes, that is so fantastic! If the answer is no, then there’s your opportunity.