There’s a saying that what you do every day matters more than what you do every once in awhile.
We all intuitively know that’s true, right? But often we don’t live that way.
At its core, Law of Attraction is responding based on the habitual way you think and feel. Because the habitual way you think and feel is creating your point of attraction.
You’re offering a vibration with your thoughts and feelings and that vibration is attracting.
Now, you can’t fool the Law of Attraction by thinking positive thoughts for a few hours or saying all the right words but feeling negative emotion while you say them.
“When you improve your point of attraction, the Law of Attraction must bring you circumstances, events, relationship, experiences, sensations and powerful evidence of your shift in vibration. It is law!” —Abraham
Improving your point of attraction, though, is not a one-time event. And Law of Attraction is not a one-time event. It’s a way of life, a philosophy.
Rhonda Byrne, best known for The Secret says, “To use the law of attraction to our advantage, make it a habitual way of being, not just a one-time event.”
OK, so how do you make Law of Attraction a habitual way of being? Persistent practice is what will help you truly leverage Law of Attraction.
I’m going to share 23 ways you can make Law of Attraction a habit, not a one-time event.
- You embrace your role as a deliberate creator. You don’t believe life is happening TO you and that you’re a victim of circumstance. Instead, you think and feel and act as if you create your own reality—because you do. “What you are living is the evidence of what you are thinking and feeling every single time.” —Abraham
- You understand that your point of attraction is about how you feel in this moment—so your power to create, to attract, is happening right now. Not in the past, not in the future. Your power to create is now.
- You don’t wait for circumstances or events to unfold in a certain way or the planets to align so you can be happy. You’re not an I’ll be happy when… sort of person. You choose happiness now.
- You make feeling good a priority. You are selfish enough to want to feel good. Which means you know how to get in alignment—and you know how to get back in alignment when you pop out.
- You recognize the gift of emotional awareness and you practice paying attention to how you feel. You lean into your Emotional Guidance System that lets you know in any moment whether you’re attracting something wanted or unwanted into your life.
- You know how to reach for better-feeling thoughts so you can move up the emotional scale. So when you do experience negative emotion, you have the wherewithal to try out different thoughts and reach for a feeling of relief.
- You let go of limiting beliefs that don’t serve you—and you do this with ease. Abraham says, “The most powerful premise that we want to activate within you—that, we promise you, will serve you all the days of your life…A belief is only a thought I keep thinking. A belief is only a thought I continue to think. A belief is only my habit of thought. It’s only a practiced thought. A belief is only a thought that I think a lot.”
- You make it second-nature to focus on the solution, what is wanted, what is working, what you do like—NOT the problem, what is unwanted, what isn’t working, and what you don’t like. When you do happen to find yourself thinking about what you don’t want or don’t like, you pivot with ease to what you do want and do like, simple as that.
- You don’t limit yourself by looking only at what-is, the “reality” of what you observe. No, you are able to raise your vibration by focusing on what is wanted, not just what-is. “Never face reality unless your reality is just the way you want it to be.” —Abraham
- You appreciate, easily and often. In fact, you appreciate the heck out of our life. You look for what you want to see. You find positive aspects in all situations, every circumstance. “Every time you praise something, every time you appreciate something, every time you feel good about something, you are telling the Universe, ’More of this, please. More of this, please.’”—Abraham
- You embrace the three steps of the creative process: Ask, believe, receive. Step 1. Ask. And that’s easy because you do it all the time. Step 2. The asking is answered. And this is also easy because it’s not your work. Source Energy takes care of Step 2 for you. Step 3. Allow. This is most definitely your work—to be in receiving mode of what you are asking for.
- You understand this is an attraction-based Universe. “When you say ‘Yes’ to something, you include something you do want in your experience. When you say ‘No’ to something, you include something you don’t want in your experience.” —Abraham
- You like hanging out at the high end of the emotional scale, feeling love and appreciation, experiencing freedom and empowerment, being filled with positive expectation and enthusiasm. You embrace and value ease and flow.
- You are able to get to the feeling-place of what you want before it manifests in your physical reality. You don’t have to wait to see it to believe it. This is ninja level Law of Attraction.
- You rely on your own intuition and your connection to Source to make decisions with ease. Gone are the days of living by committee and indulging in confusion and I don’t know.
- You understand that to manifest what you want, you have to be a vibrational match to your desire. You know to offer a vibration that matches your desire rather than offering a vibration that keeps matching what-is. As Abraham says very simply, “Be a match to what you want.”
- You take action, sure, but it’s inspired action taken from a place of alignment. You’re not into forced and massive action taken from a misaligned state. And this means you’re probably not as “busy” as all those around you wearing busy like a badge of honor.
- You understand the distinction between upstream versus downstream and consistently choose ease over efforting. You are very happy to take the path of least resistance. Self-imposed struggle is not for you.
- You allow others to be. You embrace Abraham’s sentiment: “How free and wonderful life is when no one is attempting to control you and you are not attempting to control any other.” This is about minding your own business, plain and simple.
- You welcome contrast as pointing you in the direction of what is wanted—and appreciate the rockets of desire that the contrast of life launches within you.
- You don’t push against things. You are FOR things, not against anything. This is what Abraham refers to as a flawed premise: “If I push hard enough against unwanted things, they will go away. The true premise is this: Anything you give your attention to becomes bigger. So the harder you push against what you do not want, the more specific or the harder you push against it, the more vibration is activated within you about it and the less likely it is to go away.”
- Satisfaction with what is and eagerness for more is a very familiar state of being. You move through your life with the hashtag #happythankyoumoreplease because you know that happy with where you are and eager for more is the perfect point of attraction.
- You embrace that success in life is not the money or toys or goals, but is truly the amount of joy you experience. “The main event isn’t the destination; it’s your joyous journey. You did not come forth seeking assignments to complete. You came forth for the reason to flow, and to love and enjoy life.” —Abraham
I encourage you to embrace Law of Attraction as a way of life rather than a one-time event. Lean into Law of Attraction as a philosophy of life and as a habitual way of thinking and feeling, not a single-use tactic for manifesting something you want in your life.
It simply doesn’t work that way. You wouldn’t expect to go the gym one time, lift weights, and suddenly be toned and muscular.
You know, I’ve heard this more than once: I tried Law of Attraction, but it didn’t work for me.
And when I ask the person to tell me a little about “trying” Law of Attraction, it becomes clear pretty fast what went wrong. At the crux of Law of Attraction “not working” for them was taking a one-time event sort of approach.
Like, I really want to manifest this is my life—a new relationship, a career change, wellness, abundance—whatever the desire is, and then treating Law of Attraction as if you can place your order with the Universe totally disconnected from the vibration you’re offering, from your point of attraction, from your habits of thought and feeling.
You attract what you’re in vibrational harmony with. And every area of your life is influenced by the Law of Attraction—your health, finances, relationships—everything.
Which means whatever you are giving—by way of your vibrational offering—you are receiving. Nothing merely shows up in your experience. You create all of it.
It’s time to upgrade your life by truly leveraging Law of Attraction.
“You are already far closer than you know to the life that you want to be living, to the happiness that can be yours. Only habits of thought stand between you and the person you long to be or the life you long to create.” —Abraham