Why do we make it so hard?
The “it” being anything and everything—our daily endeavors, To Do lists, relationships, jobs…our lives.
Do we believe we have to struggle and suffer—that it has to be hard—for it to work? For us to succeed? That if we do it the easy way it means we aren’t trying?
I can tell you this: I’m done with making things hard. I’m done with making everything an uphill battle. Heck, I’m done with battles, period.
A couple of years ago I moved to easy street, and it started with a thought: I choose ease and flow over enduring and struggle. It started with walking away from the addiction of self-imposed suffering.
What if you thought this:
- I have faith in my success.
- I choose to make it easy.
- I do not believe it has to be hard to work.
- I will no longer wear making things difficult as a badge of honor.
- I choose to enjoy the journey.
- I will no longer be a martyr to self-imposed suffering.