I just hate tolerations. Those pesky energy drains that have a sneaky way of accumulating.
One becomes two becomes many.
- It’s the conversation you don’t have even though you know you need to.
- It’s the To Do you leave undone, moving it to tomorrow’s list, over and over.
- It’s the boundary you don’t set and the “no” you don’t say.
- It’s the habit you don’t stick to and the one you refuse to break.
- It’s the clutter and the spending, the people pleasing and perfectionism.
Tolerations are static playing in the background of your life. Every day. All the time.
And make no mistake: They affect your attitude, your outlook, and how you show up in the world.
You know this is true. It’s that nagging feeling you’re not showing up as your best self. That there’s too much struggle in your life and not enough ease.
On the surface many tolerations seem so minor. An irritation here, a frustration there.
- So what if you keep talking about meditating but never actually meditate?
- Or hit the snooze button so many times you have to set your alarm an hour early.
What’s the big deal, right?
Well, the big deal is the high price you pay for all these things in your life you’re reluctantly putting up with.
Because each pesky toleration is a hole where your energy escapes.
And since energy is the greatest currency in life, having it leak all over the place day in and day out is a very big deal.
It means you don’t have energy for fully showing up in your life and living up to your potential. For being your best self and living your best life.
It means you don’t have energy for what matters most.
I want you to think of three things you’re reluctantly putting up with in your life. What would it take to plug those energy leaks?