Did you know it’s impossible to feel crappy and grateful at the same time?
Don’t believe me? Go ahead, try it. Think of something that makes you feel bad at the same time you’re thinking of something you’re thankful for.
Gratitude causes the less-than-great feeling to take a backseat. Which means gratitude is the Tool of All Tools in your toolkit.
Equally as powerful is this fun fact: Gratitude is available 24/7.
Yes, that’s right. Gratitude is always, always, always available.
No matter the situation. No matter who you’re with or without. No matter the state of your health or size of your bank account. No matter what’s going on at work or in the world.
Gratitude is at your disposal, ready for you to tap into.
Rampage of appreciation
When I’m feeling out of sorts, I like to go on a Rampage of Appreciation (inspired by the Law of Attraction).
I set the timer on my phone for 10–15 minutes. Then I focus my attention on something I’m grateful for and say why—aloud if I’m alone and in my head if I’m in a public place.
Something like this:
- I’m so grateful for this new rug my Mom gifted us. It feels so good on my feet.
- I’m so grateful for this floor-to-ceiling view and how the sky never looks the same two days in a row.
- I’m so grateful for our rubber tree plant that reminds me of my Grandma.
- I’m so grateful for the delicious cream in my coffee.
- I’m so grateful for my clients and what we co-create together
- I’m so grateful for the mailman who brings packages right to the door.
You get the idea…
When the alarm sounds on my Rampage of Appreciation, I feel so refreshed and alive…like I’m seeing my life in the best feeling technicolor.
Someone said, But isn’t that just seeing through rose-colored glasses?
Sure it is! And what could be better?
Because why NOT see the world through rose-colored glasses of gratitude?