Living without margin means…
Back-to-back appointments. Errands stacked like dominoes, one after the other. Deadlines with no time to spare. Everything blurred together in an endless, task-driven loop. Getting through this so you can go on to that. No wiggle room. No breathing room.
A life with margin means…
- a ridiculously doable To Do list
- sensible expectations unclouded by perfectionism
- a deliberate cushion of unscheduled time between appointments
- saying no frequently so you can say yes deeply
- eating when you’re hungry and resting when you’re tired
- distinguishing self-care from being selfish
- beautiful, bountiful blocks of unplanned time
- simplifying your home, your possessions, your overhead
- renegotiating boundaries that leave you harried and hurried
- space and silence and spontaneity
- giving up martyrdom because suffering really is optional
What change will you make today to live with more margin?