Life presents us with so many occasions to be stuck and confused. Even feel a little lost sometimes.
- You’re unhappy in your career, but not sure what to do next.
- You’re worried about your relationship, but fear looking too closely.
- You want more meaning in your life, but aren’t sure how to get it.
- You’re worried about making the wrong decision and feel paralyzed.
- Your self-esteem has taken a hit and you don’t trust yourself.
When we feel stuck or caught up in confusion, there is no one-size-fits-all answer. Problems, situations, circumstances are unique. Everyone is different.
But there is a universal way forward: Authenticity.
If you’re stuck, confused or even altogether lost, authenticity is the way to get unstuck and gain clarity.
Here are six reasons authenticity is the way forward:
- It quiets the noise. Authenticity is your own voice. And when you hear it—when you really listen—it knows the way forward. Your own real and genuine voice isn’t drowned out by all those around you saying do this, want that, be this, think that.
- It feels better. Choosing authenticity isn’t always easy, but the payoff is priceless: You’re comfortable in your own skin and at peace in your mind. Fully owning, accepting, and showing up in the world as yourself and not some watered-down version feels really good. And really powerful.
- It means you have a starring role in your own journey. Your life isn’t a dress rehearsal. This—right now—is it. Don’t you want to be the star of your own journey? Don’t you want to live your one amazing life as the fullest version of yourself? When the real you shows up and takes center stage, your real story begins. The one where amazing things happen.
- It is the antidote for people pleasing. Spending all your time people pleasing means you’ve lost sight of who you really are and what you really want. Which is exhausting. And pointless. Not everyone is going to like you and you’re sometimes going to disappoint people. And that is perfectly OK.
- It’s the way to trust yourself. Do you sometimes struggle to trust yourself? To make intuitive decisions? To have faith in your abilities? When you’re not being true to yourself, some part of you knows—and doesn’t appreciate the self-sabotage. It’s only by knowing yourself and fully showing up that you can act with ease—trusting yourself, your decisions, and your ability to handle what comes your way.
- It means you get to make your unique contribution. There’s only one you. Which means you’re the only one who can bring what you have to offer into the world. If you hide yourself away, pretending, contorting and playing small, the world misses out on what you were meant to contribute.
Regardless of what’s in front of you right now—whatever situation, whatever stuckness—authenticity is the way forward.
What will you do today to know yourself just a little bit better? What will you do—or not do—to show up in the world just a little bit more?