The unlucky mindset comes in many forms.
- I’m just not really lucky.
- I can never catch a break.
- Bad luck follows me around.
- I’m never in the right place at the right time.
- I’m unlucky in love.
- She has all the luck.
- I just wasn’t born under a lucky star.
Our mindsets become a self-fulfilling prophecy.
If you believe you’re unlucky, you are.
You cut yourself off from the openings, opportunity and optimism of a luck-is-created mindset.
Think about it: If you believe you’re unlucky, who does that mindset cause you to be? Who does it prevent you from being? Is it an empowering mindset?
In contrast: If you were to embrace that luck is created—by you, how does that change what’s possible?