Welcome to Love Your Life + Law of Attraction.
Today we’re going to talk about whether there’s a difference between gratitude and appreciation—and why it might matter more than you think.
This episode is perfect for anyone who wants to learn…
- Why my clients might have been struggling to maintain a gratitude practice and how a hashtag on Instagram caused me to rethink gratitude
- What Abraham has to say about the difference between gratitude and appreciation and the friction I discovered in my own gratitude practice
- The distinction between inspiration and motivation that helped me understand how appreciation is different from gratitude
- An example from a popular HGTV show about a little hitch in the vibration of gratitude and why words don’t matter
- How the thought, I’m so grateful for my health could reflect three very different vibrations and the fastest way to more abundance
“Appreciation is the purest vibration on the planet today.” —Abraham
“When you feel gratitude often you are looking at a struggle that you’ve overcome and feeling grateful, in other words happy, that you’re still not in the struggle, but you’re still messing with that vibration just a little bit.” —Abraham
“The Universe is responding to your vibration, and your vibration is about the way you feel.” —Abraham
“Words don’t matter, but vibration does.” —Abraham
“The Universe cannot be fooled, because it’s dealing with you on a vibrational level, period.” —Abraham
“There is no value in using happy-sounding words if you do not feel happy. The Law of Attraction is not responding to your words, but instead, is responding to the vibrations that are radiating from you.” —Manifest Your Desires
“Appreciation is the highest form of prayer, for it acknowledges the presence of good wherever you shine the light of your thankful thoughts.” —Alan Cohen
“So when you appreciate, you’re also speaking to the evolution and expansion of that appreciation becoming more. So deprecation means something is devaluing over time. Appreciation is the opposite where it’s getting bigger.” —Jess Lively
“The fastest way to bring more wonderful examples of abundance into your personal experience is to take constant notice of the wonderful things that are already there.” —Abraham
“The Universe is not punishing you or blessing you. The Universe is responding to the vibrational attitude that you are emitting.” —Abraham
“Love and appreciation are identical vibrations. Appreciation is the vibration of alignment with who-you-are.” —Abraham
“Once you become oriented toward looking for things to appreciate you will find that your day will be filled with such things.” —Abraham
Resources may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.