I’m an INFJ on the Myers-Briggs personality assessment. What that means for me is…
- Alone time recharges me.
- Brainstorming is as natural as breathing.
- A 5-year plan excites me.
- I’m wired to find meaning and follow hunches.
- People come first, then facts.
- Loud drains me.
- I’m single-minded in pursuit of a vision.
- Potential and possibility are my playground.
- Being early is being on time.
- I’m private and self-contained.
- Sometimes I love planning more than doing.
- Authenticity is one of my favorite words.
- I really, really trust inspiration.
- Problems are just waiting to be solved.
- My mind is permanently fixed on What if…
- I love understanding what motivates people.
- Calm comes over me when I complete a task.
- I’m future oriented—maybe to a fault.
Yes, all that—and oh so much more—is packed into my 4-letter personality type.
I’m not exaggerating when I say taking the Myers-Briggs was life changing for me. Indeed, the assessment forever changed not only my understanding, but also my acceptance of who I am.
Because let’s be clear: Self-insight is power.
And insight into who you are and why you do what you do gives you:
- Power to choose people and situations that energize you.
- Power to avoid and shed what drains and diminishes you.
- Power to act out of choice rather than out of reflex.
- Power to appreciate and capitalize on your strengths and what comes naturally.
Do you want to better understand what makes you tick? Could you use a little more self-awareness and a lot more self-acceptance?